Friday, July 26, 2013

Away, Then Back.

I thought (even though it's been a while since this happened) that I should post this before it gets even later.
This is a poem about my stay at my great grandma's house, and then when I came back.

Strange new house, strange new place
Strange new cats, and strange new face.

Strange new smells, strange new beds
So many differences, running through my head!

At first it was fine, it wasn't to bad,
But after a while, I missed mom and dad.

I missed my family, I missed my dog!
I missed my friends and missed this blog!

I kinda go used to it, after a while,
But I still missed. But I still smiled.

We had some great times, my cousin and I
My second cousin in fact, just not to lie.

We played, and ate, and ate and played
And we watched some shows, and stayed up late.

We swam in the pool, and in the hot tub.
We ate crab meat sandwiches, and bellies rubbed.

We painted and drew, and listened to
Stories told by Great Grandma who,

Had much to tell, about her life.
She told us of her life as housewife.

There we many antique little things,
And each all had a story to tell and to bring.

We laughed and talked, and had much fun,
We had a great time, out in the sun.

But the time came, time to go home.
It was happy and sad, all in one.

But when I arrived, back at the house,
Things weren't as quiet as a mouse.

All of a sudden things seemed loud!
With so many children running around!

I went to sleep, not tired much!
I was so used to sleeping in till, lunch!

But I slept, and woke up to a noise!
Oh, it was a singing 4yr old boy.

He was singing at the top of his lungs!
I tried telling him to hush, for my ears rung!

But he kept on singing, and singing some more.
Until FINALLY he went out the door!

Ah, peace at last, I could nap.
But then I realized.....Oh crap!

I needed to get ready fast!
For it was church day! I can't skip that!

So I scurried away, and did my hair,
And brushed my teeth, and did all my care.

And we rushed in the church, and oh my!
Wow! It was packed! And that's not a lie!

We went to the back, and sat not on a pew,
But in the hard chairs! And I felt like: Phew!

I felt kind of flustered, like I'de run round the town,
But then I laid back, and then Poof went my frown!

I looked at my family, so wild, but cute.
This is where I belong. I know it's the truth.

^_^ Snickerdoodle

1 comment: