Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Bored

Through my window the sun is shining,
I am laying on my bed.
And it is really quite blinding.
I'm so bored, like I said.

I try to read but it's too hot,
I practice the math that I've been taught.
But nothing will wish this boredom away,
Out side may be summer, but inside I'm gray.

I feel like taking a nap,
Or floating in a pool,
Or drinking a cup of lemonade,
Trying to stay cool,

I know that I have a lot to do,
And not time to waste,
But every time I try something new,
I feel like sticky paste.

So this is why I'm acting,
Like a lump of clay,
This is why I'm sitting here,
On a beautiful day like today,

But wait! I can do better then this!
Then sitting around, day-dreaming of bliss,
Of sitting and thinking and writing a poem,
And sitting waiting for nothing at home.

I don't have time to write this poem,
My piano songs I need to know em'
My math, my schooling, and young women's too,
And Important stuff on my list to-do.

Why am I being so lazy?
Maybe because I went crazy.
Expectations I need to step-up,
Poetry is not enough.

Now I will be useful indeed,
I will go and succeed,
The Lord has prepared a way for me,
I will get things done you will see!

I guess if I'm going to get things done,
I better stop writing this poem for fun,
But if you ever need encouragement,
Write a poem it helps, every bit!!!
-Dassia :D


2 comments: