Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Rain

Pater Pater pat pat!
Rain drops on my head. Ker-splat!
Trickle trickle drop drop,
I wonder when it will stop!

I decided to go on a walk today,
But then as I went on my way,
It started to rain. dribble drip drop,
Rain go away! I need you to stop!

But it didn't stop a little harder it fell,
I was getting impatient and almost yelled:
"how can you ruin this beautiful day?"
Yes how can you do it I ask, I say.

Then thunder rolls in lightning strikes!
I want to be in my warm bed rolled up tight,
In my blankets and pillows not outside in a storm,
I want to be home where I'm safe where I'm warm.

So I rush home in a hurry the rain comes down,
Why did I complain about a nice day yes how?
When the thunder was quite the lightning didn't strike,
Where the clouds were not black instead they were white!

As I walk up my porch and go into my home,
I'm dripping wet! Soaked to the bone!
But I think I still think that I should be thankful
So with a new change of clothes I begin to be grateful!

I stand-up and say:
It can't get in my way!
I will still go on a walk today!
And so with out further delay..

I got on my rain coat my rain boots and hat,
Pulled out an umbrella and stepped onto the mat,
I opened the door and stepped outside,
What happens next made me gasp in surprise,

The sky was filled with a beautiful rainbow,
With beautiful colors that practicly glow,
Know I know how important rain is,
Watering plants helping us live,

And bringing us wonderful rainbows of color,
That leave me in awe, leave me in wonder,
The sun and the rain hitting just right,
To make a beautiful splendor of light!

I love the rain! I shout,
I love everything it is about!
There's a feeling of joy bubbling inside me,
It needs to come out and be shouted free!

Praise God! And His love for each one of us,
And His Son who I lovingly trust,
What glory! What splendor I see around me,
Even on the days rainy wet and cloudy,

I can hear the water on my umbrella,
Oh what a beautiful sound,
I look up and can see the sun peeking out,
From the cloud around.

So next time your out on a walk.
And the rain starts coming down,
Just smile and say what a beautiful day,
And skip home, With a leap and a bound!
-Dassia! :D

1 comment:

  1. Love it! We just enjoyed a beautiful thunderstorm ourselves, but you have taken this natural phenomenon to a deeper and more spiritual level. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete