Tuesday, January 8, 2019

The Broken Heart

My head is pounding loud and bold,
My hands are shaking, icy cold,
My mind is spinning round and round,
I’m curled up crying on the ground.

My heart is shattered on the floor,
I just can’t take it anymore,
My stomachs twisting-I feel sick,
I need to stop this really quick.

I used to be happy, beyond compare,
I used to feel peaceful and safe everywhere.
I used to feel protected, cherished and loved,
I used to feel tender mercies above.

Those feelings are crushed, those feelings are gone,
There’s no one around I can lean upon.
I’m scared and alone, my tears pouring down,
I cannot breathe, or make a sound.

I want it to end; I want it to die,
I want to scream, I want to cry,
I want to go back to the way things were,
I really don’t want to remember.

I’m trapped with my thoughts; I’m alone in the dark,
Memories flood in of stars at the park,
I sob uncontrollably, please get me out.
Please, someone help, I want to shout.

I want to scream and kick and hit,
I want to destroy but instead I sit.
Smiling shows others that nothing is wrong,
So I sit and I smile and laugh along.

I’m dying inside; I can’t take it anymore,
I’m starting to wonder what these tears are for.
My heart is broken, it’s shattered in bits.
There’s no one to help and nothing to fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment