Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Gone

When I past you in the street,
It's you I don't recognize,
When I wave and say hello,
It feels like your like desensitized.

And I miss the old you,
The friend I used to know,
The way you used to be,
And it just goes to show,

That people change for good,
But they also change for bad,
And I miss the old you,
I wish you'd come back.

I hardly ever see you now,
The way you act is different,
I nod and smile-you walk right by,
It's true, you seem so distant.

I watch the way to talk to others,
Showing off your new stuff,
I miss the friend I used to know,
Who always had enough.

Where did you go, 
I wish you'd see,
The person that
You used to be!
I miss you lots, 
It hurts so much,
You left so fast,
Left me in the dust.

And now I don't know who you are,
And I fear you might not come back,
I don't know what happened or changed,
What got you so off this track?

So I say goodbye to the old you,
To the one who is now gone,
Who I thought wouldn't leave me now,
To you I say....So long.

But there's always someone here for you,
So please, don't give up.
I'm here for you, I've always been,
Together we'll look up

Up to the heavens,
Up to the light,
Up, reaching to the stars,
Up, to stick to the fight.

We'll do this together,
I promise to never leave your side,
I'll never let you on your own,
In me you can confide.

And along the way our trials
They will come and they will go,
And together we will press forward,
As we learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment