Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Adam

Your laugh lights up the darkest days,
Your hair flows up like ocean waves,
Your eyes shine soft like the stars in the sky,
You squeeze my hand and I know you’re mine.

And while that sappy stuff is fine and dandy,
There are words to describe you that are much more handy,
Like the way you feel on a roller coaster ride,
When your stomach jumps up as you’re high in the sky.

You make me feel like a dog in a park,
Excited and ready to run and to bark.
You make me feel like Cinderella too,
I’m distracted till midnight talking to you.

You make me feel like an annoyed little sister,
Who rolls her eyes as you laugh and tease her,
You make me feel like a trusted friend,
And I hope I am, cause I’m here till the end.

You make me feel special, you make me feel scared.
You make me feel like my feelings should be shared.
You make me feel like I’m safe with you,
But you’re not perfect. You’re human too.

You’re the first thing on my mind when I’m up before light
You’re the last thing I think of when I shut my eyes tight,
But you must be tired and out of will power,
Cause you’ve been running through my mind for hours and hours.

You’re crazy and goofy and the greatest surprise,
I love your hugs and looking in your eyes,
I love when you tease me, even if I’m hurt,
I guess that’s cause I love you, Adam Burt.

No comments:

Post a Comment