Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Stuck On You

I glance around the room and sigh,
You look up and you catch my eye,
I blush and quickly look away,
My heart beats fast under your gaze.

You’re on my mind an awful lot,
Your presence occupies my thoughts,
Your flashing smile, lights my day,
I think of everything you say.

I wonder if you like me back,
Do I even have a chance?
I like you lots, do you like me?
Are we truly meant to be?

We have a lot of fun together,
Being with you makes everything better,
You grab my hand and squeeze it tight,
I grin and shiver with delight.

I swear that we could talk for hours,
And it’s so sweet when you bring me flowers,
Our feelings for each other are up the charts,
Nothing could ever bring us apart.

The butterflies, and good morning texts,
Those things actually are the best.
There’s so much that I love about you,
You’re just so very, freaking cute!

I’m confident when you’re next to me,
I’m stuck on you, so let me be!
You are my favorite through and through,
I don’t even know what I’d do without you.

But I guess now I’m about to find out.
There’s another girl you talk about,
You make up excuses; you don’t have the time,
I’m lost and empty, left behind.

I guess it wasn’t meant to be,
I see you but you don’t see me.
I want to call your name and smile,
But you haven’t been around for quite a while.

The friendship is gone, my feelings are mush,
I guess this is why they call it a crush?
I want to sob, but the tears are dried up,
I’ve really, really had enough.

You text me, HA! You think I care?
I’ve washed you right out of my hair,
But I reply before I think,
I’m left on read before I blink.

I wish I could just let you go,
I wish I could just tell you “NO!”
I wish I could share how I feel,
I wish I could be stronger still.

Goodbye my crush, goodbye my friend.
This pain and sorrow soon must end.
It’s fine, I’ll live, cause life goes on.
There are other crushes to get stuck on.

No comments:

Post a Comment