Sunday, May 25, 2014

Latterday Pioneer

This week both Dassia and I experienced a pioneer trek. It was incredible and my testimony grew tremendously!
Hope you enjoy:


Heavy handcarts,
Dusty trails,
Dirty feet,
Babies wail.

Feeling lonely,
Like a fail.
How can I say
All is well?

Remembrance fills
My mind of those
Gone before
They who chose.

They chose to be
Faithful, strong
The pioneers
Praised God in song.

No right have I
To feel too small
Or complain
Or whine at all.

Feelings of doubt
And loneliness
Were replaced
With happiness.

With God as strength
We cannot fail.
With gratitude
The joys prevail.

To be a leader
And pioneer
We must have love
Instead of fear.

My small trek
Was just a taste
Of all their work
And time and haste.

As I think
Of present day
I see us all
Going our ways.

We all have paths
Though different,
The treasures are
Magnificent.

We are saved
For latter days,
But our real trek
Starts today.










3 comments:

  1. That was awesome! Thanks for that! You're the best sister ever! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, i wish i could come up with poems like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You beat me to it! I loved it snickerdoodle! Thanks for sharing, I loved being in your family for three days! <3

    ReplyDelete