Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Summer Poem

Summer is here! Hooray, hooray!
More time we have to sing and play,
To write and act and laugh and talk,
And go to the park and take long walks.


The air is warm, the sun is bright,
The days are longer than the night.
Hang out with friends, lay on the grass,
Running free and running fast.











Making lovely memories,
Camps, letters, accessories,
Inside jokes and lots of fun,
Until the setting of the summer sun.

Snacks and picnics, pictures too.
All so I can remember you,
Comfortably we talk and smile,
Making moments, last a little while.


Outside, our hot dogs are grillin,
In the pool we're all just chillin,
Wearing shorts and bright flip-flops,
Parties will hopefully never stop.

Books, free time, summer jobs,
New looks, cutting hair to a bob,
Sunglasses and taking long naps,
Under the trees in the hammock,

Summer activities now await us,
Of them, I'm sure I won't get enough,
Outside under the sky so blue.
I can't wait to share them with you.


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Yes! This just makes me that much more excited that its summer time!!!
    Great imagery! I can totally see it all in my head...:)

    ReplyDelete