Saturday, November 29, 2014

Heavens Key

Do your duty,
Keep doing your best,
Don't be lazy,
Don't settle for less.

Keep working hard,
Don't stop for one thing.
Follow the rules,
Or regret will sting

Do after don't.
And law after law.
Warning, beware,
Do not make one flaw.

What is all this?
The expectation
Is so unreal!
Just regulation!

It seems boring,
To live in this way.
Of working hard?
Where's the pay?

But wait a sec,
I need to step out
Of the box
Of pure selfish doubt.

Where is the faith?
Where is the hope?
I need to trust
Instead of mope.

I will go try
To do what is right.
Gods promises
I trust will bring light.

As I show love
Through obedience,
I find out that work
Actually makes sense!

Living the way
The Lord wants me to
Brings fulfillment
In all that I do.

The true gospel,
If lived righteously,
Brings peace and joy.
It is heavens key.


2 comments:

  1. You guys should add a 'follow by email' button. Cause I never check my blog feed, but LOVE reading your poems! :) <3
    ~Ky

    ReplyDelete