Sunday, November 2, 2014

Gone

When I past you in the street,
It's you I don't recognize,
When I wave and say hello,
It feels like your like desensitized.

And I miss the old you,
The friend I used to know,
The way you used to be,
And it just goes to show,

That people change for good,
But they also change for bad,
And I miss the old you,
I wish you'd come back.

I hardly ever see you now,
The way you act is different,
I nod and smile-you walk right by,
It's true, you seem so distant.

I watch the way to talk to others,
Showing off your new stuff,
I miss the friend I used to know,
Who always had enough.

Where did you go, 
I wish you'd see,
The person that
You used to be!
I miss you lots, 
It hurts so much,
You left so fast,
Left me in the dust.

And now I don't know who you are,
And I fear you might not come back,
I don't know what happened or changed,
What got you off this track?

So I say goodbye to the old you,
To the one who is now gone,
Who I thought wouldn't leave me now,
To you I say....So long.

1 comment:

  1. :'( oh my goodness! That is so sad! Great poetry though, because it definitely evoked emotion in me!
    Btw, I hope this poem isn't about me!! If it is, I guess I have to work on some things! If it isn't, I still have to work on some things!
    Good reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete