Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Journey to the Center of my Heart

Worry and darkness.
Confusion and doubt.
I can't find my place,
When I look about.

My small little light
My lantern, my guide,
Is growing so dim.
I crouch down and hide.

My last spark of hope
Seems to be gone.
Its just an abyss
And all has gone wrong.

With nothing for comfort
In MY lonely world
My head in delusion
It spins and it swirls.

Completely alone,
I seem to be.
But wait is this true?
No! It can't be!

Since my world has failed me
Of light and of love
Why not call on
The world up above?

I kneel down sincerely
With pure intent
I explain my complexion
Torn, hopeless and rent.

Humbly I ask
For light to my path
Some clarification
Was brought at last.

My mind was clear
And I gathered my witt's.
I grabbed hold of my courage
And my hope newly lit.

I went on my way
Taking big leaps of faith
As I did what God said
He opened more gates.

The journey continues
Each day of my life
But I know where to go
When I'm in a strife.

Christ is my light
No matter where,
For He lives and He loves
Us all, with great care.


1 comment:

  1. That's soooooo beautiful. I love the imagery. You're so special, Snikerdoodle!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete