Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Diligent Example

Today I've decided to lie around, 
I don't want to get up I would rather lie down,
I will stay in bed and be lazy all day,
I'll just sit and stare, wasting hours away.

I wake up in the morning with a smile on my face,
Thinking I would rather be in no better place,
With the sun rising high, a promising day too,
I will get everything done that I need to.

I've been sitting in bed for two hours now,
I don't feel like smiling, So I am all frown,
I feel like a slob, like a sloth, like a snail.
And I feel like whining and wailing a wail.

Diligently I do all my chores,
But then I feel like I need to do more,
So I ask my mom what needs done,
Going the extra mile, is lots of fun!

When I finally decide to get out of my bed, 
I look at the clock and it's way past ten!
I skip getting dressed, or cleaning my room,
Since I feel like being lazy, so that's what I'll do!

After practicing piano, I start reading a book,
And after that I started to look,
For ways to serve others on my walk,
And for friends to stop with and have a talk.

I grabbed some toast made by my mom,
And went out to sit on the green lawn,
My neighbor walks past with a smile on her face,
And makes me feel a little out of place,

I walked past a friends house, she was sitting on the lawn,
Still in her pajamas, she looked sad as she yawned,
I went over to her to cheer her up and,
I gave her a smile and a helping hand.

She walked over to me I felt small and afraid,
But happiness she had, peace and joy it gave,
She smiled and helped me up and out,
Then she waved good bye, but I started to shout,

As I started to walk away I heard
A loud voice asking how I learned,
To be so happy and how it was done,
How did I combined work and fun,

She turned around and in answer to my question,
She said "a simple gift, given from heaven,
The talent of diligence, of peace and joy,
The joy of hard work and waving laziness goodbye.

At this, she blushed and said her thanks,
I turned again with a smile on my face,
Hoping that somehow I'd spread some joy,
To someone who needed something to enjoy.

I walked into my house with a strong conviction,
To do something good without restriction,
I started with cleaning up my room,
But with greater things in mind, which to I would move. 

So diligence pays off in work and in play,
People will trust you and do what you say,
You'll be responsible and get things done,
And the sooner you do it you'll have more time for fun.  

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow!! That's amazing!! I love that!! Its so perfect and true!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I might need your help reading it at vanguard, like you read one part I read the other type of thing :)

      Delete
  2. I should have explained, this poem is like two different people, Blue is one and Pink is one. :)

    ReplyDelete