Thursday, January 2, 2014

From Zombie to Fire!

I feel like a zombie today.
I so lazy and loose-y and lame.
I feel like the walking dead
I'm sure my eyelids are made of lead.

Just out of bed
At 11 am,
I drag my feet down
The steps, as I frown.

Still half asleep
I nod as I eat,
When I am complete,
I slide off my seat.

I look in the mirror
And then go "Oh dear!"
But who cares if I stay
In my pjs all day?

Who cares if I am persecuted
Because my hair looks electrocuted?
Who cares if I'm to lazy to try
Anything at all?Well, not I!


As I slump back upstairs
With an air of 'who cares?'
It looks,  in my room,
As if a bomb went KABOOM.

"I don't have time!!!" I shout.
As I look about.
"I have no time to clean this crap!"
Instead I think I'll take a nap.

But when I awake
I see my mistake
For now my room floor
Is worse than before!

I vent all my hopeless frustrations
Into my pillow with desperation.
Then I hear my brothers fight
They scream and wail and yell and bite.

Then, in go the earphones, as I
Turn the volume way up high
And I try and try and try to drown out
All the ugly screams and shouts.

I shut myself inside
My own little corner, and hide
I don't want to get out and face
The outside world, a whole new place.

Here I am safe and sound
In my own little world, but all 'round
There still is chaos and really,
In my heart there's no true peace.

So I sit and puzzle
And puzzle some more
And realize my answer
Is right at my door!

I say a quick prayer of thanks to the Lord
And I started off, no more to be bored!
I'm gonna go, and I'm gonna do
The things that the Lord wants me to!

I cleaned my room so fast and well,
You would of thought a magic spell
Had turned the whole thing inside out!
I smiled and then went about

Gathering all my study books
My laptop and my notebook and nook
My brain was full of Shakespeare galore!
American history, word studies and more!

Then I did service till I was ready to drop
I was tired, but did not want to stop!
I felt strong in a worked out way...
If you know what I mean, and you know what I say...

I felt like my heart was really on fire!
For some knowledge I did aquire,
And that is : If you want to make your heart feel lighter
And make somebodies day quite brighter,

If you want to be a tool inside
Of God's hands, and there reside,
And make the world a better place
And better understand God's grace

And if you want to share a smile
And learn some handy things worth while,
And if you want to become wise,
I'd say try Diligence on for size!






2 comments: