Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Prudence

Ooo, that looks good,
I'll eat it!
Oh, that looks nice!
I'll buy it!

Ooo, that looks cool!
I'll be it!
Oh that looks fun!
I'll try it!

Shoot! Anger's in my soul!
Slam! My sharp words take a toll.
Yikes! Fire's in my eyes!
Sigh, Now I feel despised.

Why do I do these things?
I don't think when I take wing,
And fly into a consequence!
Where is my common sense?

Why do we act on IMPULSE?
And then feel full of repulse?
Why don't we think before we act?
And try to make a good impact?

Why do we let that natural man,
Bite, and bicker, do all it can,
To let us down, down in the dumps,
And impulsively feel in the grumps.

Why, is the question, why why why?
Do, you know? Well so do I.
It's easier at that moment to,
React instead of act, it's true.

What do we need, to stop it then?
Prudence is the answer to win.
Prudence, carefulness, thoughtfulness.
Pondering before you miss.

Prudence, will you guide my path?
So that I won't be full of wrath?
Prudence won't you show the way?
So on that narrow path I'll stay?

Prudence with your wise contempt,
With you, I will have no resent.
Prudence with your heavenly feel,
I'm in for the kind of joy that's real!




No comments:

Post a Comment