Friday, September 6, 2013

Hit the Target

In and out, I slowly breath,
And focus on one place,
I hold it in position,
A slow and steady race,

My feet planted firmly,
Firmly on the ground,
And I can see the target,
Where my arrow will be found,

I let it slide across,
And strait as it can be,
I let it pierce though the wind,
Quick, smooth and free.

I hit it! Oh I hit it!
Right on the mark,
I look around for others,
I'm happy as a lark.

And then it dawns on me,
The wrong target the wrong key,
It hit it in the middle,
But maybe much to free.

Going through life,
Temptations come along,
They sometimes don't seem bad,
Not even a little wrong.

But as we go through, with our plans,
That we might think are smart,
We realize in other ways,
That really they just aren't

But through the atonement,
We pick back up where we left off,
We get back on the target,
Our pathway clean and soft.

But how do we know which path we're on?
How do we know whats right?
How do we know the right target,
Everyday and night.

Prayer, Scripture, Church, and more,
The Sunday School answers!
Temple, and the Holy Ghost,
So that we're not chancers,

Back on to the right one,
I pull it back so tight,
I let the arrow fly,
Fly swiftly through the night.

And with God's helping hand,
And His Son, our living light.
We can keep going,
Happy true and right.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a perfect overview of what we talked about in master class! Aaa! That's so perfect and amazing and true!!

    ReplyDelete