Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ouch!

Throw a ball, dodge and then,
Run, trip, and do it again!
Playing games, so much fun,
Until horrible disaster's come.

My friend looked down at her leg,
"Oh no! Oh my! What's this?" she said
A deep bloody gash was there,
And yet she had not any fear!

Her dad came over to look at it,
"Stitches" he said doubt no bit,
Some agreed some argued,
And my friend quietly refused,

But in the end off we flew,
To get her stitched up maybe with glue,
We tried to find the emergency room,
It took us a while, but then we zoomed,

Right up to it she hobbled out of the car,
We hurried in to a door quite far,
But we made it and entered into a room,
But it was as empty as a tomb!

Finally someone came to help us out,
We went into room 14,
No, no, no. Then here's the remote,
It made her feel like a queen.

The nurse came in and looked,
At the wound, so quite deep,
He got it ready. Took the bandage off,
Pushed some buttons with a beep!

Then with a needle the doctor came in,
Then a hearty hand shake and a grin
And injected the needle many a time,
We flinched and flinched her mom and I,

But my friend barley noticed it,
She definitely didn't make a fit,
As he hooked and sewed and tied some knots,
It didn't hurt after all those shots!

After that we were all done,
They wiped it off the cut all gone,
Instead she looked like Frankenstein,
(not really though) Just a line,

Put on our shoes then out the door,
Now we felt like we could soar,
Home for smores and a drink,
That was it, I bet, I think.
-Dassia :D

3 comments:

  1. Way to put this scary experience into words, Dassia! That must have been quite the experience! Keep up the great attitude, Snickerdoodle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan! You described it all perfectly! haha!
    It was a cool experience, and I'm was grateful that Dassia could be there with me! She's an awesome friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt like I was there :). Nice poem! More important, though, beautiful friendship! :)

    ReplyDelete