Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Scarlett Letter

(If you haven't read the book The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, then go read it right now! ;) )
If you haven't , you can still read the poem and tell me what kind of principles you found!
Feedback is welcome!

(1st part like Dimmesdale, 2nd like Hester)
1st:
Scarred with sins of scarlet
Living life in gloom
My thoughts are that Forgotten
Shall be written on my tomb.

Though the sin tears inside
The world knows not a thing
That might sound well, but makes worse
I'm a bird with wounded wing.

Shut out in mists of darkness,
Sins haunt me in my sleep
The ghosts of past remembrances
Into my hard heart creep.

Living life like death,
For what more is there to live?
Hope and freedom, I bar out.
My life, to sorrow, do I give.

2nd:
But wait! What is this?
A shining pearl of hope?
Leading another who has taken
The self same slippery slope.

Scarlett sticks upon her too.
And yet she sets a flame
A scarlet kindle lit by her
She gains a different fame.

Still shunned by all humanity
She works with a skilled hand
And although the world has blocked her out
She bears it as she stands.

All she wants is to be free
Although her want is pure,
It seems the Scarlet holds her back
And love is so unsure.

If only blinded eyes could see
And deafened ears to hear
If only imprisoned souls would find
HOW God was always near.

No comments:

Post a Comment