Sunday, August 4, 2013

Worth the Waterfall

A few days ago a couple people in my family and I, hiked adam's canyon. It was gorgeous!
Here's a poem about it:

I'm sweating and it's hot.
The sand squishes under my feet.
I hike up and up and up and up.
So, my goal I'll meet.

It doesn't seem that great,
To be working so very hard,
Just to get to a waterfall.
Could you even call that a reward?

My strength might run out,
I don't think I'm having fun.
How long will this take?
My legs burn a ton!

How can this be fun?
Then suddenly I think.
Hey, this place is beautiful!
It actually doesn't stink!

Even though it's raining,
It makes the world so pure!
The trees and grass are vibrant!
Magnificent, for sure!

It's a little fairy land!
It seems to sparkle with life!
I feel like part of an adventure,
In this mountain full of light!

Then we cross a river,
And there to our surprise,
Was a magical waterfall!
Roaring before our eyes!


It made a cooling breeze.
It was like something from a dream.
The moment I felt was priceless.
Gorgeous, powerful, extreme!


I felt of worth, I felt big.
But some how I felt small.
I want to show beauty in this world,
Just like the waterfall.

It was like power itself,
In one downpour of
Crashing water and
God's pure love.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome snickerdoodle! I really like this, and I agree there are so many creations, that are perfect rewards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read this to yourself with Narnia theme music in the background? It made my heart beat faster. (at least the end part)

    ReplyDelete