Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I Catched a Fly

 The other day, my little brother caught a fly. He was very proud of himself and ran around saying: "I catched a fly!" So, this poem is from his point of view.

One day I walked outside.
It was regular summer day.
I looked around, and swung my legs
And nothing seemed out of the fray.

I was enjoying the summer air,
And doin' nothin' it seemed.
But all of a sudden I looked around,
And I almost screamed!


 I couldn't believe it! Was it true?
For, there beside me, before my eyes,
Was an unmistakeable, unbelievably,
Astonishing, jaw dropping.....fly!


(It was a normal fly of course)
But to me it was..........
Glorious! Marvelous! Awesome! Superb!
I was entranced by its buzzzzzz.

The reason I was so joyous,
Was because of the thing I'd do.
I could catch it, and show it to my bros,
I'd do it with ninja skill too!


So sneakily, I crept,
Quiet as a mouse,
Then.....BAM! I caught it!
Victorious, I walked into my house.

I felt it buzzing in my hands,
I was so excited, I screamed:
I catched a fly, everyone! I did!
It was like something from a dream.

I felt I had conquered the world.
I could do anything!
I really was spiderman now!
(Cuz spiders eat flies, if you know what I mean) 

But anyhow, I catched it.
And I was very proud.
All by my own self, I did it.
And I sung this out loud:

I catched a fly! Hooray Hooray!
I catched a fly! This very day!
I catched a fly, so, I will say:
Am I cool or what?  Hey!





2 comments:

  1. LOL! That is so funny! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO cute! Great job portraying the joy in the story! :)

    Keep writing!
    -JS

    ReplyDelete