Monday, August 26, 2013

Being the Change

We always talk about someday,
Or I'm working on it,
But what does that really mean?
That we will or will we quit?

We say "I'll try that one day,
When I have more time,
See, I'm a busy person,
Not now" we say and wine.

But do we really mean it?
When is this "sometime" date,
And what is it your doing?
What is this on your plate?

Email? Texting? Playing too,
Our pencils sharpening
Do our conversations matter?
To this world "whats happening?"

Why do I feel so lazy?
Perk up I say, come on,
Rub away that dirt and grime,
And sing my little song!

We don't have to be that way,
We can be the leaders,
We can Be The Change now,
Not just the cheerleaders,

We can stand up or our freedom,
Or for our liberty,
We can stand up for each other,
For our standards! Don't you see?

We can show them what we've got,
We can understand,
We just have to rise up,
So come on! And stand!

We need to learn for ourselves,
We need to understand,
We need our own ideas,
We need a big game plan.

Who will set the slaves free?
We will be the leaders!
Who will take back our freedom?
We can be the leaders!

What about the men,
Who founded our country?
What was their vision?
Freedom or slavery?

So no more relaxing,
Remove your comfort zone,
We will leave this world,
With the leaders it should know.

1 comment: