Sunday, November 18, 2012

Shining rain.

Okay, I just took my dog on a walk, and thought of another poem. ^_^

Gloomy cloudy grey.
Its a sad head-down sort of day.
Plop-ity plop-ity plop
Rain drop after rain drop.

I sigh, as my boots splunk in the fallen rain.
Woosh! Splash! Speed the cars through their lane.
Cold wind, my hair goes this way and that and I shiver.
I wrap my jacket around me more tightly and quiver.

My dog who is walking beside me, sniffs the wet grass.
His paws are a very muddy wet mess.
We walk slowly. Splash after splash.
And rain drop after rain drop will dash,
All around us.


Then all of a sudden, the wind just stops.
A tingly feeling I feel, what is up?
Light moves across the wet side walk in front of me.
Swooping over the whole world, it seems.
It slides and glides over my toes.
The feeling is warmth now I know.

Then I look up, and there to behold
Was the sun peeking ever so brightly and bold
From out of the clouds, it shone with great life
Melting my tears and my troubles and strife.


Then I gasp at the sight I see.
Amazing the world is around me!
Drops of rain on every leaf and tree.
On every blade of grass and rose.
I felt free!
All sparked like crystals around me!

Pure and clean every thing is because
The world is more vibrant than it was.
Because it rained, and the sun peeked out
The world is better, I have no doubt.

-Snickerdoodle



                                                                                                      

2 comments:

  1. Snickerdoddle,
    I felt that EXSACT way on the paper route this morning!!! How cool! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a beautiful poem. It felt quiet and calm, and then the end was glorious! You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete