Monday, January 2, 2017

Wonderland

I wake up to still silence,
I know there's something grand. 
I peek outside my window,
A winter wonderland!

The snow has covered everything,
It's glistening, cold, and white.
My window has been frosted 
Much to my delight.

Soon children will awaken,
And find the pretty sight,
They'll love the winter snow.
That fell softly last night.

They'll wrap up warm and cozy,
Then shuffle right outside,
Sleds with strings of jingle bells 
Offer little ones rides.

Then speeding, sliding down the hill,
The children laugh and scream,
Snowballs are thrown into the air,
And at the other team.

Then rolling, packing, lifting snow,
A snowman soon arrives,
The children find sticks for arms,
And lumps of coal for eyes.

Their mothers call them loudly,
It's time to come inside,
There's hot coco and cookies,
Waiting to be tried.

Outside the window, they can see
The snow flutter and land.
Little snowflakes flutter down,
Upon the wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment