Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Keeping my head above water

My to-do list's getting longer,
School work piles up,
My room is getting cluttered.
Why is there so much stuff.

I'm going, going, going.
To time to sleep or eat.
I'm busy, busy, busy.
There is no time for me.

With class and work, hobbies and life,
I feel like I am drowning!
There's so much that I stress about,
I feel like always drowning.

I cannot seem to keep my head,
Above this water deep.
This ocean's getting deeper,
I can no longer think.

"Help me!" "Help me!" I want to scream,
And shout and yell and cry.
I cannot stop or rest at all,
At least until I die.

I guess "busy" is a good thing.
I guess hard work is good.
I guess stress, in small amounts,
Does just what it should.

So I'll keep on trying, keep on praying,
Directly to my Father,
I'll keep on living, keep on swimming,
And keep my head above water.

No comments:

Post a Comment