Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Socks

Getting out of bed
Is hard enough, 
But finding socks, 
Man, that's just rough!

Frantic searching,
Up,down, left,right.
Finding matches
Is a fright! 

You might find two 
That look the same,
But to your dismay,  
Your hopes were vain.

Socks haunt my dreams.
I close my eyes 
Only to find
Socks fill the sky.

They loom upon me
More and more
Closing in
Blocking the door.

"I just want a match!"
I scream.
Waking to find
I live my dream.

Why is it such
A  painful task
To find one simple
Stinking match! 

One day, I thought,
I've had enough!
This sock business
Is just too tough.

So I armed myself
And found the drawer
"You socks will have
Power no more!"

I closed my eyes
And picked two socks.
Did they match? 
No they did not! 

But I have conquered, 
For now at last,
I do not care 
If my socks match! 


No comments:

Post a Comment