Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Real Christmas Magic.

When I was little
Christmas was grand!
The exitment was
Quite out of hand!

When I was little
The gifts were the best
It's what I lived for.
There was no time for rest.

When I was little
I couldn't wait
For Santa to come
It was just too great!

When I was little
Magic was everywhere
Fairies danced and flew
Some here and some there.

But now I'm not as little
As I used to be.
It's not as magical
As it used to seem.

But as I look around,
And think of Christ the Lord
There's a different kind of magic
I hadn't had before.

It's the kind of Christmas magic
That comes with loving smiles
That's in the gift of laughter
Or in singing songs worthwhile.

It's in serving one another
And giving gentle hugs
Or in sitting by the fire
With hot cocoa mugs.

The kind of Christmas Magic
That I'm feeling now
Is Love that can be felt
By ALL, if we allow.






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I love how you can put your pen on the page (or fingers on the keyboard) and then write with rhythm and rhyme so well!

    ReplyDelete