Sunday, May 14, 2017

There

THERE
(Dedicated to my Mom)

Dear Mom,
I know I'll never be able 
To thank you quite enough.
You're there for me when times are bright,
You're there when times are rough. 

I think
I'll start with sorry. 
There are times when I just wish
I could go back in time 
To change, correct, to fix. 

But now
There's just the present
And I hope someday 
I can make you half as proud
As I am of you today. 

Thank you
For all of the adventures. 
For the random hikes and walks
For being spontaneous like me,
For all the late night talks. 

Thank you 
For watching girly movies
And for letting me rant
For being strong enough
Even when I can't. 

Thank you
For being firm in what you know 
Your testimony shines
Like a beacon, full of light.
Faithful, hopeful, kind. 

Thank you 
For your sacrifice,
For listening to me.
For giving of your wisdom,
And encouraging my dreams.  

But most 
Of all, I thank you for
Your love and selfless care
When I feel lost, with you I'm found.
I know you're always there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment