Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Change

Why do I worry,
Why do I care,
About things that don't matter,
Like money and hair.

I have so much to offer,
And so much to do,
I shouldn't be thinking 
about my clothes or shoes.

People are starving,
Kids are alone,
Their out on the streets
With no where to call home.

It used to be,
That the future was bright,
But now dark shadows
Cover it from my sight.

Where am I going?
Who will I be?
Is it too late,
To find a way to be free?

The time is running out,
There's no where else to go,
We need to open our eyes,
What's the world trying to show?

We're all here together,
In this game of life,
We're all on a team,
To get out of this strife.

So don't worry about,
The things that don't matter,
If we don't start to change,
The world is gonna shatter.

1 comment:

  1. My dear young friend...I love you! Thanks for being one of those who are creating a change! What a beautiful reminder this poem is to me, for it made me think of the world's view of these last days verses God's. As President Hinckley put it: dark times and glorious times. Time to get to work, eh, sister?

    ReplyDelete