Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Small Cloud Floating By.

 One upon a time there was
A small cloud floating by
He looked down from his lofty
Place up in the sky.

Children lay upon the grass
Looking up at him
Pointing at the different shapes
That they saw therein.

Some saw a unicorn
Some saw a tall giraffe
Some saw a jolly bearded man
That made them simply laugh.

Others gazed at him and thought
They saw a dragons head.
Others said he looked as if
He were a fox or loaf of bread.

All this time, the little cloud
Wondered who he really was.
"Who is right or wrong? He asked.
What is my one true cause?

Children think I'm mythical.
Scientists think I'm H2o.
Some think I'm the heavens.
Artists think that I'm a show.

Can I just be one certain thing?
Can't I just be one small cloud?
I think that's what I am,
I'll just be that for now."

But once the little cloud
Had settled as a cloud
The winds began to roar
And thunder clapped aloud.

The cloud was drifting from his place.
He was filled with such despair
And he began to cry.
Raining everywhere.

Suddenly he found himself
A mess upon the floor.
Now he was a puddle.
A splash, and nothing more.

So forlorn, he sat there.
Thinking joy could be no more.
For he was so transformed.
So different from before.

People stepped on him.
Not giving it one thought.
He felt so trampled in this state.
Like something quite forgot.

He felt like he was sinking.
Right into dirty ground.
Lower even then before.
Gone, without a sound.

But then he found himself.
Rushing very fast.
Down into a lake
Quite beautiful and vast.

This lake was very still.
Quite calm and undisturbed.
He pondered on his journey.
All the places he had served.

Suddenly the sun shone.
Bright and beaming glad.
He felt lifted right up.
He was no longer sad.

He looked around and found
He was a cloud again.
And yet not quite the same.
For he'd learned something since then.

He knew many things now
Since the thunder storm
He didn't have to be
A certain shape or form.

He could be a rain cloud.
He could be a puddle too.
He could be a dragon
Or a lake of dazzling blue.

Fitting in just couldn't work.
He's a cloud, a lake, rain pour.
He didn't have to be one thing.
He was made for so much more.


2 comments:

  1. This is Mary :). That, my young friend, was amazing...powerful!... capturing important truths in beauty and rhyme. I love how you combined a story and scientific experience! All truth works together to testify of God! And this work of art forces me to agree with Quinn on the beauty of a poem that rhymes. I used to feel that meter and rhyming were confining...you have shown otherwise.

    Have you considered submitting your work to the New Era, both of you poetesses?

    Love you! Keep writing! I will think of your message each time I see the clouds and puddles. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so gorgeous! It made me SO happy! You're so amazing! :) Thanks for making my day! I really loved just the difference that the words made me feel! During the despairing parts, I felt despair, but then it was made up quickly with the happiness and hope! That's what I really look for in writing is if they can make me feel something! With your poems, I always do! Thank you!

    You're amazing! I love you!

    ReplyDelete