Friday, September 19, 2014

A Mother's Love

 It's my Mom's Birthday today, so here's to her!

Looking in their eyes
I can see a love so pure.
A little glimpse of heaven.
So hopeful, bright and sure.

I feel unworthy of this love
Devotion so unfeigned.
I'm an imperfect women,
I'm still often pained.

This responsibility
Is not an easy load
I seek strength beyond my own
And power is bestowed.

Teaching, loving, all I can.
Sincerely I do pray
For my children, all of them,
Each and every day.

The new moment's mysteries
Are filled with joy and fear.
Sadness, doubt, kindness and care
Service, virtue, hope, and tears.

All within this home I keep
These experiences come.
As family, we fall and get up
And each new thing, learn from.

I try to put God first always
I seek Christ's perfect grace
Helping lead our family
To our celestial place.

I hope someday, they can look down
Into my yes and see
That piece of heaven shining bright
And say: "Mother loves me."




No comments:

Post a Comment